Statement of Policy
The members of the Metal Finishing Association of Southern California and the National Association of Metal Finishers wish to remind you of the established practices of the metal finishing industry in processing your materials. These practices have been formalized and unanimously adopted by the members of this Association and Hixson Metal Finishing (HMF) as a Statement of Policy. It is generally recognized that even after employing all the science known to us, and capable persons with years of training and experience, there remain hazards in the electro-plating and metal finishing fields. Consequently, in order to avoid misunderstandings, we are hereby setting forth the conditions below under which your material will be accepted for processing:
- Whenever we are given work for processing with detailed instructions as to treatment, our responsibility shall end with the carrying out of those instructions. Type of material, tolerance and specifications for processing shall be declared in writing prior to our processing.
- Our liability for any cause is limited to the lesser of the cost of either the direct labor and material of the product damaged by our processing or:
- One times (1X) our processing charges for products processed with precious metals.
- One times (1X) our processing charges for products processed for Type III, Hard Anodizing
- Three times (3X) our processing charges for products processed without precious metals and Type III, Hard Anodize.
Compensation or any credit due to the customer within these conditions will only be given in the form of credit towards future processing and shall not be paid by HMF in cash unless otherwise agreed to in writing prior to processing the job.
- Liability greater than that outlined in paragraph 2 above will be assumed by HMF only when so agreed upon in writing. In such event a higher charge may be made for our services.
- Parts, materials, etc. as processed by HMF shall be presumed to be accepted as satisfactory by you if we are not notified of damages, shortages or other discrepancies within ten (10) working days of your receipt of the same. Rejected parts must be returned to us for rework. Further processing or assembly of rejected parts, materials, etc., by you or any other party shall constitute a waiver of any liability on our part.
- Where operations or processes performed by HMF are in the nature of “salvage” or “salvaging” parts or material, the work is accepted on a “best effort” basis and no liability shall attach to HMF unless previously agreed upon in writing prior to processing the job.
- In the event that results of the metal finishing operation(s) are unsatisfactory due to metal imperfections, changes in grade or composition of materials, manufacturing and/or fabrication imperfections, usages for which the plating or other metal finishing operation was not reasonably designed, and similar variables over which we have no control, the customer would be required to pay the contracted amount for the finishing operation(s) performed.
- Due to the high risk of damage from differential heating of alloy constituents in high copper aluminum alloys, all 2000 series aluminum alloys will only be hard anodized (type III) on a “best effort” basis, furthermore, any request for Hard Anodizing (type III) for a build thickness in excess of 0.0025 of an inch or equivalent, irrespective or material type and alloy, will be performed on a “best effort” basis and HMF shall have no liability for parts damaged during these processes.
- It has been found that under certain conditions, the aluminum material 2219 is highly susceptible to pitting and attack when processed through etchant chemicals. These are rare occurrences, however, HMF shall have no liability for parts damaged during these processes.
- This statement of policy supersedes all prior written or verbal terms and conditions. Furthermore, at the time and date material is processed, this statement of policy supersedes all other terms and conditions and is the sole document outlining HMF’s terms, conditions and liabilities under which we will accept material for processing.
Minimum charges for multiple processes will be evaluated based on part size, quantity and estimated labor to complete the processes. No Minimum Charge List can alone accurately provide the most competitive price for your parts without a thorough review of your blueprints and plating requirements.
We trust you will agree with us that the conditions above set forth are realistic and reasonable and that acceptance of the material for processing subject to such conditions will permit us to continue to provide high quality metal finishing at a fair and reasonable cost.
Terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.